Your inne reader and App can perfectly communicate via bluetooth, but establishing a WiFi connection is a great idea, as it allows you to move around freely with your phone while your measurement is in progress :)
If you're experiencing troubles setting up WiFi, here's what you can try:
1. Check if your WiFi router is operating on 2.4 GHz frequency. The alternative 5 GHz frequency is currently not compatible with the inne reader and could be the reason behind a failing WiFi connection. However, most modern routers work on both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies.
2. Make sure to choose an appropriate WiFi network. The inne reader can only connect to secure networks, not to open WiFi hot spots.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions in your inne App to establish the WiFi connection. Go to the 'settings' tab and choose 'wi-fi', then tap 'set up new wi-fi'.
While a WiFi connection is not essential for your daily measurements, it is required to update the reader's firmware upon release of a new version.
In case you cannot set up WiFi following the procedure above, please use the workaround described below.
Establish a WiFi connection through your personal hotspot:
1. Enable your personal hotspot in your iPhone settings and make sure bluetooth is switched on
2. Go to the 'settings' tab of the inne App and choose 'wi-fi'
3. Tap 'set up new wi-fi'
4. Long press the reader button until you see a yellow blinking light, then tap 'continue' in the App
5. Select your personal hotspot from the list of detected networks and fill in your password to set up the connection